Myths About Contact Lenses
The Langley Optometry Clinic has been and continues to be your full-service optometrist in Langley since 1949 - from eye exams, prescriptions, glasses or contacts, and pre and post-operative eye surgery care - all the services you need to maintain your eye health.
When it comes to contacts, there are many myths that can make you believe that you can’t wear them. However, with advances in contact lens technology - there are now bifocal contact lenses for people with presbyopia, and toric soft lenses that correct astigmatism – you may be a better candidate for contact lens wear than you thought.
Here are a few more myths about contact lenses:
- A contact lens will get lost behind my eye - the conjunctiva covers the white of your eye and connects to the inside of your eyelids, making it impossible for a contact lens to get lost behind your eye.
- Contact lenses are uncomfortable – if you’ve experienced contact lens discomfort, several remedies are available once the cause is pinpointed.
- Contact lenses can get stuck to my eye - only if the contact lens dries out or has been fit too tightly. This can be resolved by remoistening the lens…and having an eye care professional fit your contact lenses.
- Wearing contact lenses causes eye problems – by following your optometrist’s instructions on how to care for your lenses - how long to wear them and how frequently you should replace them - wearing contact lenses is very safe.
- Contact lenses are difficult to get in my eyes – most people become adept at handling contact lenses much faster than they expect.
- Contacts can pop out of my eye – today’s contacts fit closer to the eye so it’s very rare for a contact lens to dislodge from a wearer’s eye unexpectedly.
- Contact lenses are too expensive – contact lenses are lenses are less expensive than a daily coffee.
- I’m too old – with bifocal lenses, and contacts that are specially designed for dry eyes, advancing age is no longer the barrier to successful contact lens wear it once was.
Today, wearing contact lenses is easier than ever before. The Langley Optometry Clinic is proud to provide a full range of contact lenses and solutions that keep up with today’s technological advances and improvements, including conventional and daily, weekly, biweekly, and monthly disposables. If you have questions about contact lenses or to schedule an eye exam, contact the Langley Optometry Clinic at 604-534-4312 today. Our knowledgeable optometrists and optometric assistants are here to help you and ask us about our package deals on glasses and our senior and student discounts.